Do you want to see the world of sport change to be more actively inclusive of LGBTI+ people? Are you a passionate member of the community with the tenacity and leadership experience to drive lasting and meaningful change for the LGBTI+ and sporting communities?
Manpower is pleased to be partnering with Pride Cup in the appointment of their next CEO. Pride Cup’s CEO will lead a dynamic non-for-profit organisation delivering evidence based LGBTI+ inclusion interventions leveraging the power of sport.
About Pride Cup
Sport is at the heart of Australian culture, but participation and inclusion within the LGBTI+ community remains low from community through to elite levels. Pride Cup is changing sporting culture to make sure all LGBTI+ people feel safe, welcomed and included.
Beginning as a powerful gesture of mateship, Pride Cup has grown to be Australia’s leader in LGBTI+ inclusion in sport; growing the movement from a handful of clubs in Victoria, to a truly National organisation. With a clear focus on community building, Pride Cup has built a proud family of over 550 sporting clubs across 16 codes with over 15,000 players.
With support from research partners, Pride Cup has been able to validate the impact of its world leading intervention model – one of the only programs globally to have a proven record shifting the dial on inclusive language and behaviours. Sport has a unique role to play in changing community and societal attitudes towards inclusion by both unlocking the physical, mental and social benefits of participation; and using sport’s unique influence to break down stigma and open hearts, minds and doors.
Looking forward, Pride Cup is undergoing significant growth in its reach, offering and impact, and seeking an experienced CEO to lead this exciting new chapter.
|Salary||AU$125000.00 – AU$140000 per annum + Superannuation|
About the role
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the CEO will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for Pride Cup, working with a tight knit and growing team including a hands-on Board to execute against strategic priorities and outcomes.
These responsibilities will include:
- Ownership of the ongoing renewal and execution of strategic and operational plans in collaboration with the Board and supported by the Pride Cup team.
- This will include strategies to ensure an intersectional approach to Pride Cup’s programs, as well as ongoing impact assessments and process reviews to drive efficiency in the delivery model.
- Active engagement in key relationship/stakeholder management and support across participating community and professional sporting clubs, corporate and supporting partners; and like minded LGBTI+, sporting and not-for-profit organisations and supporters.
- This will include an active role in leading the execution of the partnerships strategy including prospecting, execution and ongoing management of strategic partners to deliver a sustainable and diversified funding model.
- Leading the tight-knit Pride Cup team including recruitment, development and coaching, as well as championing Pride Cup values to grow and maintain the inclusive and entrepreneurial culture of the organisation.
- Public promotion and advocacy for LGBTI+ inclusion in sport, including through media appearances and commentary around key events, speaking arrangements, emceeing key Pride Cup events, and availability to support clubs and partners.
- This will include delivery of core training and education programs in line with the Pride Cup intervention model.
- Overall responsibility for the management of the organisation’s annual budget and finances with support from the Board
You are a dedicated leader and connected member of the LGBTI+ community with a passion for positive disruption in both sports and LGBTI+ inclusion. Lived experience participating in or working with community sporting organisations is ideal but not required.
You will have a proven track record of leading an organisation through change and evolution with a strong social and community conscience. You will enjoy a hands on approach to daily operations and bring an entrepreneurial edge to support the growth ambitions of Pride Cup.
Some key attributes/skills you have will include:
- Unwavering commitment and advocacy for LGBTI+ inclusion
- Exceptional communication both written and verbal
- Superior demonstrated leadership skills with an ability to be agile in the face of ambiguity or rapid change
- Ability to traverse and balance strategic and operational thinking and delivery
- Confidence and experience partnering and working with a range of high level c-suite and ministerial stakeholders
- Experience with program design and delivery
Given the inherent nature of the role leading an LGBTI+ inclusion organisation; the requirement to be a representative and speak on behalf of the community with authority; and the requirement to deliver education and development programs which hinge on lived experiences, The CEO should be someone who has an inherent understanding of the lived experience of LGBTIQ people in sporting environments.
In return you will be rewarded with an exciting and caring working environment with ongoing coaching and unwavering support from the Board of Directors. Your hard work and efforts will directly impact the lives of the community that Pride Cup supports, and beyond.
To make an application, click on this link or contact Seb Dahan on 0410 751 451.